Friday, September 30, 2011

To sew or not to sew?

I have begun the task of making some pillows for my couch. The pillows that I made for the kitchen window seat, were hand stitched. I was updating my friend about my progress when she informed me that I should try fabric glue or the hem tape. So I tried it.
Hand stitched

Below is the one pillow that I worked on last night. The picture is a little hazy/blurry. I like the pattern. This will not be the pattern I will use to go with the couch. I just wanted to try it out first.

It took less time (I used the hem tape). However, I don't like the way it look. It don't look as fluffy as the first ones. These are the first ones.  I'm still debating on what color I will use for the pillows. I want a color that will bounce off the hazy dazy  color of the couch, ( spell check is not liking my new word, lol).  Pictures of the finished couch will be posted next. Until the next adventure, take care!


1 comment:

  1. Llevas razón, cosidos quedan perfecto, más trabajo pero merece la pena.
    Esperaremos impaciente para ver ese sofá.
    Mil besitos...Julia

    ReplyDelete